Time for some serious fun! Get you and your friends together and learn all about SCUBA from our SDI Certified Instructors! We will spend 5 days safely learning the science and skills of diving so campers become confident and comfortable in the water in a fun environment.
Campers also have the option to earn their SDI Open Water Diver certification for an additional fee.
Included in the Barnacle Bill’s Because I Want More SCUBA Camp:
- Mask, Fins and Snorkel – yours to keep to continue your child’s aquatic adventures!
- SDI Certified Instructor
- Use of Regulator, BCD, Mask, Fins, Snorkel, Tanks, & Weights
Because diving is serious business, achieving the optional SDI Open Water Diver Certification requires some additional instruction and two additional days of diving. With this add on, campers receive:
- the complete SDI Open Water Diver eLearning online course
- four open water dives that will complete the requirements for the course
- SDI Open Water Diver Certification upon successful completion of the requirements
All students must provide:
- Bathing Suit & Towel
- Dry Change of Clothes
Camp Hours: Monday through Friday 8am to 12pm Noon
Camp Weeks: June 7-11, June 14-18, June 21-25, June 28 – July 2, July 5 – 9, July 12-16, July 19-23, July 26-30, August 2-6, August 9-13, August 16-20, August 23-27 ***Please comment with your preferred week in the 'Special Instructions to Seller" box at checkout. We will contact you shortly thereafter with confirmation and registration information for your Camper/s.***
Location: Echo Farm’s Pool, Operated by the Nir Family, YMCA
Camp Only Cost: $250 (Campers receive their own mask, fin and snorkel to keep and continue their aquatic adventures!)
- A nonrefundable deposit of $100 is required to reserve your camp.
- The balance of $150 is due 1 week prior to the first day of camp
Camp Option with Certification: $400 – includes Camp and SDI Junior Open Water Diver Certification (AND includes mask, fin and snorkel for your child to keep and continue their aquatic adventures!)
- A nonrefundable deposit of $150 is required to reserve your camp.
- The balance of $250 is due 1 week prior to the first day of camp
To reserve your Barnacle Bill’s Discovery & Adventure Camp, contact Barnacle Bill at 910-409-2763 or email@example.com
Learn to use mask fins and snorkel.
Team build with other campers through, games, relay races, and underwater hockey.
Pressure (Boyles Law)
#1 Rule of Scuba
Learn to set up scuba unit
Learn buddy teamwork
Learn how to breathe off the scuba unit.
Learn to recover regulator.
Science lesson: buoyancy (Archimedes Principle)
Learn how to use a compass.
Learn how to use the compass underwater with your dive buddy.
Learn to clear mask.
Saturation (Nitrogen and Oxygen)
Learn different entry methods: giant stride, seated entry, back roll.
Learn about safety stops and how to hover in one place for 3-5 minutes.
Learn to remove and replace mask.
Learn about search and recovery.
Practicing our skills
Underwater hockey fun